1. Download and Study the Form
Every legal request form can be a bit tricky that is why completely knowing what and where to write is a good start. Go through the internet since there is a downloadable file that can be found there. Be sure to download the official form from the state.
2. Complete the Form
The applying guardian or parent should write the needed information with his/her best answer. Having supporting papers of the minor while filling out is a great idea, since the form will be asking for the minor’s personal information such as birthdates, birthplace and so on. As well as the contact and information of the non-applying parent is needed here so it is best to gather all the information ahead of time. In the last part of the form is more of an explanation on why this form is being used by the applicant, there should be enough details to support this and in order to be granted. If the applying parent had tried to contact the non-applying parent, he/she must prepare some documentations for it is also needed.
3. Submission of the Form
When an appointment has been made, show up and bring all the necessary documents to support the filing of the form.
1. Gathering all the supporting documents. Be sure to complete all the necessary papers to support the form request ahead of time. These documents may include the following:
US Citizenship proof this can be the birth certificate of the applying parent.
Parental Relationship can be a divorce paper.
Parental Consent, judicial declaration or court order.
Identification cards with photo and of course the form itself. Do not forget to include DS-11 Form along with these papers.
2. Travel Itinerary. This may speed up the process if the applicant may be able to present it.
3. Explanation. In the section of the form where the applying parent needs to explain why the passport shall be granted, make sure to state in complete details. The applicant may send in some documents on the times that he/she attempted to have a contact with the non applying parent. It is also helpful to include the reasons what is the purpose of the outside of the country trip.
4. Submission. It is important for the first-time-minor-applicant to be present along with applying parent during the submission of the form.