1. Choose the kind of passport you would like to obtain before filling the ds 82 fillable form –passport card, a passport book, or both of them. If you are applying for a passport book, specify if would like to have a standard 28-page book or the one with 52 pages book if you travel a lot.
2. Enter your full name – first name, middle name, and last name – in the corresponding fields of passport form ds 82. Write your birth date and gender. Write in the name of the place where you were born in the designated field.
3. Write your complete email address and Social Security number in the corresponding fields of passport ds 82. Enter the 10-digit contact number.
4. Enter your complete address in the first field called "Mailing Address." Enter added address details into the next line if applicable. Enter the name of your town or, name of your state or province, and zip code in the labeled fields.
5. In the section 9, list all names that you are using. List a name in every field and place additional pages on your application if you require more space. In section 10, write your name as it shows on your current or old passport card or book. Write in the number of your passport and date it was issued. Fill out the section 11 of passport renewal form ds 82 if your name you are using currently is different from the one that is stated on your old passport. You will have to submit a specialized copy of a court order or marriage certificate as proof of a legal change of your name.
6. Write the date and sign the application in the spaces marked "Date" and "Applicant's Signature" at the bottom part of page one and move on to the next page. Write your last, first name, and lastly the middle names as well as the date of birth in the right fields.
7. Write your height, the color of your eyes, the color of your hair, and your current job in the corresponding fields. Also write your phone numbers where you could be contacted in the field that says "Additional Contact Phone Numbers".
8. Write your permanent address on the right field if you formerly recorded a post office box as your mailing address or if your place of residence is different from the mailing address you entered. In Section 18, write your full name, complete address, and contact number of a person you want to be contacted in case of emergency.
The DS-82 Form is a fillable form which you can print out with 2D Barcoded Encryption. When you’re filling out the form DS-82 for a Passport Renewal you’ll be required to have a passport photo and some other personal details including your full name, date of birth, and address.
1. Double check your application and see if your name is spelled correctly and matches all the identification documents that you have presented.
2. When you’re asked if you’ve previously been issued with US passport before you have to put your current passport numbers. It will let the system decide that you’re a renewal and generate a DS-82 form.